How do I prevent Freelancers adding me to their Employer Following list?
To prevent Freelancers from following you:
- Go to your Account Settings page.
- Under Directory and Follow settings, deselect the option enabling Freelancers to follow you.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save Settings button.
How do I start or stop following Employers?
To start or stop following an Employer:
- Go to their profile by clicking their username or follow them from the project page itself.
- Click ‘Follow’. The button label will change to ‘Following’, indicating you are now following that Employer.
- To stop following an Employer, click ‘Following’. You can also do this on the project view page.
Note: An Employer can choose to prevent Freelancers from Following them, for privacy reasons.
How many Employers can I follow?
The number of Employers you can follow depends on your membership type.
- Basic members can follow 5 Employers
- Plus members can follow 10 Employers
- Standard members can follow 20 Employers
- Premium members can follow as many Employers as they like (Unlimited)!
To manage the list of Employers you are following, click here.
How will I know when an Employer I'm following posts a project or contest?
You'll receive an email notification from Freelancer.com.au when an Employer you're following posts a project or contest.
Note: You will not be notified if the Employer posted a project or contest.
I wasn't notified of a project posted by an Employer I'm following
You will not be notified if the Employer posted a project or contest. A Private contest or project is designed to protect the Employer's confidentiality, by hiding their project details from search engines and users who are not logged in.
What is Employer Following?
Employer Following is a feature that lets you know when your favourite Employers post projects or contests, by following them on Freelancer.com.au. You'll receive an email when they post a project or contest so you can bid or enter immediately. Employer Following is available to Basic, Plus, Standard and Premium members. Upgrade Now!
Why am I unable to follow an Employer?
You may be unable to follow an Employer for the following reasons:
click here to search the FAQ...
- Only Basic, Plus, Standard and Premium members can follow Employers. Upgrade now!
- You may have reached your limit for the number of Employers you are allowed to follow. To manage the list of Employers you are following click here.
- The Employer may prevent Freelancers from following them for privacy reasons.