Are you one of those developers who…
1. Will takes on jobs just because they believe they can complete them as per the client’s request without too much effort?
2. Only focuses on making as much money as possible from their skills developing the next project they work on?
3. Just goes through the motions and believes getting the job done as being more important than client service, or doesn't get very excited about being involved in a something new and a bit different?
If this describes you and the way you prefer to work, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!
Although new to Freelance, I am part of a 10 year old UK based media company looking for a skilled and talented developer, but ONLY someone who DOES NOT fit the above description.
So if this sounds like you, it is perhaps best to move on to the next job application and not bother applying for this one.
We are in the process of re-launching an already existing and successful media product that requires an upgrade of an online game that also collects user data and stores this data on a specific server for remote access.
This is a simple numbers puzzle game which already exists as a web game originally built with Adobe flash, however the performance of this game can be quite slow to load and is sluggish depending on the end users machine. The files are hosted on a single server, but various unique copies are provided to clients for embedding on their own websites.
The aim of this 'rebuild' is to greatly improve the performance and user experience by redeveloping the game with a more suitable programming language if possible.
There will be no copyright infringement as I own the original web game.
The new version of this online game will be a total reproduction of the existing flash made game, so the successful applicant, you will have access an existing working model to work from.
All graphic and audio assets will be provided, as will clear and detailed instruction.
I’m looking for a talented developer who can…
• Demonstrate quality and pride in their work.
• Feel excited to be involved in a unique and proven media product.
• Read a project brief and give attention to detail.
• Show honesty, professionalism and integrity when working with a client.
• Keep to agreed deadlines and milestones, or agree alternatives.
• Communicate clearly about progress and eventual project outcome.
• Advise a client on best development practices and technical aspects.
• Follow direction, pay attention to detail but advise if issues occur.
• Enjoy what they do, show a good personality, is very motivated and can prove they understand the brief before any work commences.
If you are the chosen developer, you will be working with a UK based project manager who has a good sense of humor, but is also a straight talker and knows what they want and expects professionalism and perfection at all times. In return, you'll be treated with respect, paid the agreed fee when milestones have been met and when the job has been completed. If a good working relationship occurs, glowing references will of course be given.
There is currently no specific start date or deadline for completion, but once this project has begun, I anticipate a time scale of up to 4 weeks. At this point in time it is more important for me to find the right developer and agreed price for this project. I am hoping the start date will be around the end of February.
Due to previous bad experiences with developers, I will be insisting on seeing past work and references, and will only consider developers who fill the required criteria and have a good track record. More details about the project will be given should you be selected for interviews.
Think this is a job for you? If you believe it is, please reply by first stating the capital city of your country so that I know you have read this entire job spec and to prove you know what attention to detail means.
Generic copy/paste applications will not be considered.