Society for Economic & Environment Development [SEED] envisages for Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with ground breaking technology which integrates animators, filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
The Job Overview
We are seeking a dedicated 3D animator to do animation work on Freelance Basis. You will collaborate with other Creative Director to create compelling and eye-catching animations videos and images to increase our cultural repository. Your duties will include developing animations for digital platforms to enhance our cultural stories by edutainment.
A voiceover and script of a story of Bharatheeya Culture will be provided. You will be responsible for the development of the story. Stories are usually 8 to 10 minutes. The 3 D animation style is usually cut out (character rigging) but can be mixed with traditional frame by frame based on your style or workflow.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
1. Do you have the experience of converting storyline to video or mixed reality formats?
2. Do you have experience in using modern technologies in preserving and exploring Cultural Heritage (CH). Specifically, Augmented Reality (AR) has the potential to enhance the user experience related to cultural heritage?
3. Do you experience in doing animations based on storylines of cultural themes? If so please provide references of such projects...
4. Describe your recent experience with similar projects
5. What frameworks have you worked with?
Below are some of the responsibilities a 3D animator is expected to assume:
• Create and design storyboards [based on the storyline shared by SEED] for digital media formats such as video games, AR / VR experiances and fine-arts deliverables
• Select colors, fonts, images, and layouts based on brand guidelines
• Ensure projects are completed promptly and are of high quality
• Suggest and implement best practices and optimizations throughout animation projects
• Collaborate with fellow animators using software such as Autodesk Maya to deliver a robust final animation
• Use a wide range of media and design software
• Develop computer graphics and animations based on a detailed design brief
• Manage multiple projects within design specs and budget restrictions
• Determine voice and messaging for animated pieces
• QA design for errors
• Implement feedback and changes whenever possible
• Create visualizations that convey accurate messaging for the project
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
Below are the qualifications expected of a 3D animator?
• A Qualified Professional well versed in computer animation, 3D/graphic design, fine arts or a related field
• Proficiency in programs such as Mari, Adobe Suite, Maxon, CrazyTalk, or Autodesk Maya
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum of two years’ experience in animation
Attention to detail
• Portfolio of work with a wide range of 3D animation and wire framing projects
• Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of animation layouts, typography, print, and web
• Experience with both print and digital media
We are looking for your most recent and inspiring projects to evaluate your skills. A diverse portfolio is ideal for providing a quick summary of accomplishments and abilities. 3D animators often include various work types, such as STL, 3DS, and STEP files. .STL files are the standard for consumer 3D printing.
3D Animators need to maintain a credible portfolio. Ideally, reviews and references are included in addition to your work.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you.
seedforearth at gmail dot com