This project was awarded to Rachaelray for $120 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$120 - $200 CAD
Techniques of Persuasion
1. Topic of Essay
• Provide the title/author of the medium you’re critiquing
2. Brief Summary of Essay
• Briefly, what is the medium about? This is the MC of the medium.
• What are you going to say about the medium? Rule of thumb: One sentence per
each critique in the body of your paper. These lead to your thesis.
• This is typically 1 to 2 sentences.
(B) SUMMARY OF MEDIUM
- This shouldn’t be very long - no marks are allotted to this portion of the paper.
Give main ideas and themes only, which relate to your analyses.
- Alternatively, you could just summarize the relevant parts of the medium as you
introduce each analysis (in the body of your essay).
(C) CRITIQUE ARGUMENT(S) IN THE BODY OF YOUR ESSAY
1. First, note any prevalent fallacies/schemes that hurt/strengthen the film’s
argument. This is a necessary component to doing well on this essay.
2. Are there any violations of Argumentation Principles that create problems? Or,
any principles followed that create strong arguments? This is a necessary
component to doing well on this essay.
3. Are there any major flaws/strengths that arise from determining the acceptability
and relevancy of the premises put forward or the sufficiency of the argument? Optional.
4. Is there noteworthy illegitimate or cognitive bias? Optional.
5. Are there strengths that the film/article has argumentatively? Optional.
6. Are there any other theories, ideas, articles we’ve read that help your analysis. Optional.
Use your discretion in what you emphasize and how you organize your essay, as long as you have at
least #1 and 2 and everything relates to your thesis. Remember: you cannot cover all possible
critical angles suggested.
1. Brief summary of the main points in the body of your essay
2. Overall evaluation of text
Final Note: This is an essay, proving a critical thesis, and not just a summary of all your
i will provide the medium to be analyzed and further instructions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online