Hello, I worked with you in the past and you wrote great. There was a misunderstanding that was my fault last time but I would like to make up for that. My 1st project I would like you do is a 6-8 page assignment. Here are the instructions:
2. Short Paper (15%) (due in class on October 16) All students will write a short paper (6-8 pages, 12 pt font, double-spaced) addressing ONE of the following pairs of articles.
Asssess and evaluate the two articles. What are the main points of contention or debate? Which argument is more convincing? Why?
1) Wallace, William, ‘Truth and Power, Monks and Technocrats: theory and practice in International Relations’, Review of International Studies, 1996, 22, 301-321.
2) Smith, Steve, ‘Power and Truth: a reply to William Wallace’, Review of International Studies, 1997, 23, 507-516.
1) Rudra Sil and Peter J. Katzenstein, ‘Analytic Eclecticism in the Study of World Politics: Reconfiguring Problems and Mechanisms across Research Traditions’, Perspectives on Politics (2010), 8: 411-431
2) Christian Reus-Smit (2013) ‘Beyond Metatheory?’, European Journal of International Relations, 19(3): 589-608.
Do you have access to online journals, if not I could provide you with access through my university website. The due date is the 16th but it would be fantastic if I could get it by the 14th. Whatever your normal rate (I think it was 40 for 1000 words) please add another 40. Just trying to make up for my previous mistake. To add the class is a 4th year Advanced IR so do not feel the need to hold back, I can edit it myself if I think its too well written but it is a pretty intensive class. It focuses heavily on the theory aspect of International Relations.