Embedded Computer Network
- Status Closed
- Budget £20 - £250 GBP
- Total Bids 1
Its probably easier if you read the document attached. I have more documents that can help if you think you are able to do it.
Develop a multi-tasking application that illustrates the Baboons crossing a Canyon problem.
A Report should written consisting of:-
• Introduction to the problem
• A high level solution - maybe a diagram and/or pseudocode with additional explanations where necessary.
• A description of the tasks, use of semaphores, mutexes etc. as they relate to your implementation.
• A description of the operation and testing of the application.
• Critical evaluation & Conclusions
Create a CAN bus application that implements the following CAN messages on a single CAN node.
• Output a data frame with message ID aaa every second a 16-bit value (as two bytes, low byte first) that represents the time in seconds that the application has been running since the application was started.
• Output a data frame with message ID bbb every 100ms the 10bit ADC value read from the on-board potentiometer scaled to represent the RPM of an engine from 0 to 8000RPM.
• Output a remote request frame with message ID ccc when the pushbutton (Port2 bit 10) is pressed. (Note the pushbutton generates a logic 0 when pressed and a logic 1 otherwise.
• When message ID ddd is received use the first two bytes (0 and 1) of the message and interpret them as a 16 bit value representing a speed in mph value. Display the value on the LCD and if the value exceeds 70 turn on the LEDs on the MCB2300 (better still flash the LEDs at a rate proportional to the excess speed.).
• When a remote frame with message ID eee is received send out a data frame with message ID eee containing a 4 byte ASCII sequence of characters which could be alphabetic, numeric or a combination of both e.g. A L A N, 3 9 1 3, A G 1 9.
You will need to choose values for the Message IDs aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, and eee.
Note that the CAN messaging functions in the RL-ARM library are NON RE-ENTRANT.
Implement and test the CAN bus messaging in stages using the PCANView software or another CAN node to ensure correct operation. As an additional test you may team up with a fellow student, agree on message IDs and implement a more realistic scenario with two nodes.
Write a report containing the following sections:-
• Overview of the application
• Very brief and concise explanation of CAN data frame, remote frame and the role of the message ID's. Explain the terms recessive and dominant with regard to the CAN bus logic and how message arbitration takes place.
• List the message IDs and their usage along with the data they use.
• Explain your program structure and operation
• Show evidence of testing and the results of the tests.
• Critical evaluation & ConclusionsGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online