Write a card game in Java -- 2
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $399 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Project: Implement a simplified game of Scrimish, a strategy card game, with 2 players: a human (i.e., the user) and the computer. Scrimish is a card game that was funded using [url removed, login to view] with the objective that luck is not a component of the game.
Both players have a set of cards composed of the following cards and numbers:
#1 Dagger Cards (x5 per player)
#2 Sword Cards (x5 per player)
#3 Morning Star Cards (x3 per player)
#4 War Axe Cards (x3 per player)
#5 Halberd Cards (x2 per player)
#6 Longsword Cards (x2 per player)
'A' Archer Cards (x2 per player)
'S' Shield Cards (x2 per player)
Crown Card (x1 per player)
Setup: The user player places 5 Piles of 5 Cards each face down in front of him. The Crown Card should be hidden on the bottom of one of the 5 Piles. The rest of the Cards may be arranged however you like. The computer does the same thing: the crown card is placed on the bottom of a random pile, while the rest of the card are distributed into 5 piles (such that we have 5 cards in each pile).
Game Play: The players take turns attacking (starting with the user first) by selecting the top card from one of their piles and laying that card face up in front of one of their opponent's piles. The defending player must then reveal the top card of the pile that was attacked. The card with the lowest number value loses and is discarded. The winning card must be returned face down to the top of the original pile it was drawn from. If the two cards have the same number value, both cards are discarded. The play continues until one of the players attacks their opponent's Crown Card, winning the game.
- Archer Card: If you attack with an Archer Card, it always wins. If your Archer Card is attacked, it always loses.
- Shield Card: Shield Cards cannot be used to attack. If your Shield Card is attacked, both your Shield Card and your opponent's attacking Card are discarded (except for Archer Cards: If a Shield Card is attacked by an Archer Card, neither Card is discarded, and both are returned face down to their original Piles).
- Crown Card: You can attack with your Crown Card. If you attack your opponent's Crown Card, you win. Otherwise, you lose the game.
- Instead of attacking, you may intentionally discard one Card on your turn. You do not have to reveal that Card to your opponent. You cannot intentionally discard your Crown Card.
The number of points possible for the project are 40 points:
- game setup: let the human user select the cards in each pile = 10 points,
- play one turn started by the human user = 10 points,
- play one turn started by the computer = 10 points,
- graphical user interface = 10 points.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online