I need somebody to help with solving a Cloudformation template issue with ELB.
The attached file has to work in Ireland region.
The following has to be done:
1) the existing CloudFormation template has to be checked and corrected for the web application
deployment for deployment of a successful PoC.
2) A second CloudFormation template that can be used to expand on the PoC in point 1.
deployment based on the following requirements:
I. The solution should contain a highly available front-end web tier
II. The front-end should be auto-scaling based on the following parameters:
- Desired Instance Count: 2
- Maximum Instance Count: 4
- Scale-up if CPU > 90% for 5 minutes
- Scale-down if CPU < 80% for 5 minutes
III. Provision an Application Load Balancer to distribute web traffic across the available
front-end web servers
IV. Provision a back-end secure RDS (MySQL) implementation with a Read Replica in a
different Availability Zone to the Master
V. Provision a Bastion Host for management access with access to the web servers and
RDS instances that is scheduled to only run in business hours
VI. Access to the bastion host should be limited to known IP addresses
VII. The solution should follow the principal of least privilege with traffic flow restricted
to the necessary ports
- For 1) you should launch the CloudFormation template provided in the eu-west-1 (Ireland) region. Once the stack is successfully launched, identify why the website is not contactable when connecting via the Load Balancer’s host name (provided in the Output tab of the stack). Please note that you will not be required to log onto the web server as part of your investigations.
You should Identify and correct the errors in this CloudFormation template.
For 2) you should provide a new CloudFormation template to meet the requirements listed.
4 freelancers are bidding on average £218 for this job
I'm aws certified developer and senior engineer. I have several experience on developing cloudformation templates for my clients. Feel free to contact me for further discussion.
I am DevOps Engineer, I have wide experience with AWS services, I have experience in building Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation. I have built CI/CD. Here is my Github: [login to view URL]