In this project we would like you to find a way to extract the original firmware from an Android phone and flash it to the different device but same model.
Here's the phone info:
- Model Name: SHARP AQUOS sense2 (originally sold in Japan)
- Model Code: SHV43, SH-01L (both are the same device but sold from different carriers and they have different firmware.)
We will provide you one sample unit of each model code.
What shall be achieved during this project:
1) Find a way to unlock the bootloader or obtain root access of SH-01L, which bootloader access and fastboot commands are factory-disabled. We'll need to find an exploit in the firmware.
2) Extract the original firmware (ROM) of SH-01L and make it flashable to SHV43.
3) Do the same step of 1) with SHV43 and flash the ROM of SH-01L into SHV43.
4) Inspect the flashed SHV43 so that it will work properly (e.g. using Wi-Fi, making phone calls and etc)
5) We need to do those processes for 1,500 units.
Project location: Tokyo, Japan is a plus, but it's not mandatory.
You may join this project from anywhere in the world, if those steps does not require any special equipments, or if you can provide us the instructions.
The knowledge in Linux and Android will be required. If you have done these kind of thing in the past, this project would be an easy gig.
Commissions for successfull operation to be discussed upon your application. Please give us a cost estimate for completing the whole process.
Please feel free to send us any questions if you need further information.
We look forward to your application!