Hello Data Science enthusiast!
We are looking for 2-4 long-term ghost-writers for our rapidly growing Data Science and Machine Learning blog with over 100K monthly visitors.
Benefits for you:
- Long-term, consistent work backed by our extensive content strategy and editorial calendar.
- Flat base fee per article (based on experience level), with growth opportunity.
- Additional bonuses for special feature posts, interviews, etc. (see below)
- Prompt communication; if you wish to pitch an idea or ask us anything, we will be super responsive.
- Opportunities for special projects, such as e-books or course creation.
- Real-world data science / machine learning experience.
- Basic/intermediate Python programming skills.
- Talent of explaining complex concepts in simple, clear terms.
- Fluent English and can write in a conversational tone.
- Prompt communication; if we assign you a topic that you can’t take on, no worries. But please respond within 2 business days so that we can assign it to someone else.
- Passion for self-study and online learning.
- Experience with blogging and/or SEO.
- The ability to research and pitch your own ideas.
Sample of topics you’ll be asked to cover:
- Area Under ROC Curve.
- How to Plot An ROC Curve in Python.
- How to Write a Cover Letter for Data Scientist Positions.
- Introduction to Neural Networks.
- Precision and Recall.
Sample of special tasks with bonuses:
- Transform one of our existing Python scripts into an easy-to-follow tutorial.
- Take notes for a recent YouTube lecture/video and rewrite the notes into an article.
- Create a downloadable PDF cheatsheet for NumPy.
- Compile a list of datasets for quantitative finance with a short blurb about each one.
Here’s the submission process:
1. Please attach samples of your writing for Data Science or Machine Learning.
2. Just to make sure you read the job description, please also include which of 5 benefits listed above you’d be most excited about :-)
3. Candidates who make it to the Interview stage will be asked to write a short intro + a detailed outline for a topic we choose based on your background and skills.
4. Once hired, you’ll be asked to write a 1000-word article for the topic.
5. If the article is high quality and there’s a mutual fit, we’ll invite you to become a regular contributor for our blog.
Please bid your fair rate for a single 1000-word article.
Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you!