We are a genetic testing laboratory. I need a person with understanding of genetics (you need to know the meaning of Genotype, Polymorphism, heterozygous, odds ratio, p-value or you need not apply) for this job.
The job is to take publications I give you.. this might for example be a publication that shows that people with the TT genotype of the MTHFR gene respond to vitamin B2 supplementation with a 13.2 mmHg lower blood pressure. Pelople with the C/C genotype do not have a different blood pressure with Vitamin B2. This information is burried in the text of the publication. The aim is to create a very short summary text explaining the outline of the scientific study. Then we need to create an accurate, but simplified graph showing the results visually such as a bar chart or similar.
I have attached an example of how it should look like in the end.
I want you to:
1) Take my powerpoint example and modify this to get the same look
2) Take the scientific publication I tell yopu to check
3) find the information that I tell you to check in this publication (Such as TT carriers have a lower blood pressure)
4) Create a short text according to my example base don the details in the puiblication)
5) Create scale bars showing this effect using my excel file. (NOTE: These must be correct, but they can be simplified. In my example for example I only got the info, that the blood pressure was 13.2 mmHg lower in some genetic types. That is not enough info to draw a bar chart. I then found out what a high blood pressure value is (130) and I calculated based on this value. this allowed me to draw graphs. Just check the example to see what I mean.
6) Copy a screenshot of the graphs into the powerpoint. Stick to the colors I have chosen.
7) include the Excel file where the graphs were made so we can use and change it as needed.
THIS JOB IS:
* a Test to see how it goes. if it works out, there will be more like this to do in the future.
* Potentially long term.. we might have up to hundreds such summaries to do.
YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED:
* Some degree in Genetics or related field
* Skill in powerpoint
* Skill in Excel
* Enough time to do at least 1 per day
* a Skype Account for communication
You are quoting the price for one topic to be done resulting in 1 or 2 graphs, 1 summary text and the reading and inclusion of 1-4 publications.