We need to localize our native mobile app (iOS and Android) from Chinese to English and other languages. We are thinking about developing a tool, in conjunction with Microsoft Excel, to facilitate the current work and future editing.
This may involve the following steps:
1. Extract from the source code ( PHP, Node.JS, XML(Andorid-Java), Objective-C(iOS), YML(H5)) all the text that needs to be localized (translated) and displayed on an Excel sheet — in an input and output side by side two column format (obviously output starts with empty cells);
2. The translator then can MANUALLY work on the Excel sheet to fill out the output column; - this part doesn't require your work.
3. When the translator hit a CONVERT button, it will replace the text in ALL the source code with the text in the output column. This part needs your code and it should work seamlessly when you hit the button.
4. The user can then save both sets of output source code and the comparison Excel file (for review and future modifications).
5. In the future, if source code changes, the user can load the Excel file, re-parse the input file, and the tool should automatically highlight the changes so that the user can re-do or update the translation on the Excel file.
6. When the user hit the CONVERT button again, the output source files will be again automatically updated.
We are flexible on what language you use -- but make sure this works with Excel on both Mac and Windows (if using a compilation language — will be separately compiled). Also, this has to be reasonably efficient as we are dealing with a large number of large files.
Has to deliver within 15 days at reasonable cost.