I am attendee of New York base company and I am looking for someone who can help me.
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Restaurants today are crippled, held hostage by archaic software and inefficient workflows. We are reimagining this industry—Hospitality. The Point of Sale is becoming increasingly mobile and is moving to the diner. The restaurant is realizing new revenue streams that both complement and compete with their front of house businesses. We are taking a fresh look at this industry and building a modern product ecosystem for today's Food and Drink businesses that capitalizes on these themes—efficiency, automation, and reliability—which are becoming the cornerstones of the new breed of hospitality tools. We work collaboratively to develop intuitive yet sophisticated iOS, Android, and Web-based product features, highly available services, and software that integrates seamlessly with our hardware. We are looking for an inspired and skillful engineer to join us in tackling these challenges.
As a software engineer on the Restaurants team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the web-based Dashboard that merchants use to manage their menus and customize their point of sale.
• Build our web dashboard, used by restaurants to manage menus and customize their point of sale.
• Work closely with our product manager and designers to define and improve the features we build.
• Collaborate with Android, iOS, and server developers to build full scale features that include mobile and web components.
Why this position is important:
• Restaurants have always been key for Square. Our small and growing team is chartered with growing that business by delivering innovative, compelling products to serve the highly complex needs of food and drink businesses.
What you will learn and do:
• Ship reliable software through continuous integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
• Create unique products which allow anyone to manage a restaurant
• Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
• Find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
• Work closely and collaboratively with designers, PMs, and other engineers
• Innate curiosity and a desire to build beautiful, sophisticated, intuitive products for the food and drink service industry
• Strong programming skills and Computer Science fundamentals
• Experience developing web applications
• Experience shipping and improving products
Technologies we use and teach:
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
65 freelancers are bidding on average $34/hour for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks
Hello, I am Daniel, nice to meet you. I am an experienced web designer & developer and I`m really interested in your project. If you feel like we`re a good match, drop me a message.