Build a SaaS Application billing system on Ruby on Rails
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $802 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
We have a Ruby on Rails web application that allows clients to create their own subdomains with set number of users. Accounts are per customisable time period, and not subscription based at this point, but may want to be in the future.
We need a talented Ruby on Rails developer to develop a billing and onboarding system on Ruby on Rails that allows:
- Client registration and onboarding process
- Client to pick packages, and numbers of users per package.
--- Each package includes a fixed cost for a fixed number of users.
--- Each package will have pricing set individually, as will each user tier of the packages.
--- Administrators require the ability to set new packages.
--- Each package must pass permissions to the existing Ruby on Rails app to enable features and the number of users permissable under that user's package.
--- Users should be able to select multiple packages. Admin should have the ability to set discounts for purchase of multiple packages.
- Client pays via credit card, using PayPal and/or Stripe
- Client can upgrade to higher package at any time
- Client to get notifications when they reach 50%, 70%, 90% and 100% of their user limit, at which includes a link to upgrade. Upgrade options are:
--- Upgrade to higher tier, paying the difference between current tier and higher tier
--- Pay for user bundle
--- Don't upgrade. If the user doesn't upgrade when the account gets to 100%, the billing system will tell the app to stop taking new user registrations for that client's account
- Client to be able to access billing information and invoicing history from moderator dashboard in existing app
- Client to be able to enter coupon code at payment for discount
- Client to be able to buy additional addons as configured by administrators
For administration, the following needs to be incorporated:
- Ability to set a number of administrators
- Interface that provides administrators access to all invoicing
- Interface that allows administrators to create coupon codes for discount
- Interface that allows administrators to change pricing
- Interface that allows administrators to create new packages and user tiers within these packages
- Interface that allows administrators to add additional package options and addons
- Interface that allows administrators to set discounts for multiple tiers
Additional details on specifics of plans, users and tiers will be provided to the successful bidders.
All administration and billing pages must be responsive. All emails sent must be responsive. Current app uses Mandrill for all emails, billing app will need to use Mandrill and/or automated Stripe emails.
Experience with Github, Bootstrap, jQuery and AWS would be an advantage.
We require quick turn around on this project. Successful bidders must consider timeframe before bidding. It is expected the entire project can be delivered in under 7 days. Preference will be given to bidders who can meet or beat this timeframe.
Preference will be given to bidders who can produce an example of a SaaS billing system produced for themselves or another client, especially if written in Ruby on Rails, and any other experience which can assist them in meeting the desired timeframe.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online