I need a Datatables expert, who can implement a sort of js-"library"/script for generating html tables via Datatables. The idea is that an application provides a div id, where the table should be appended to along with the data to be shown. The logic is as following:
- The function is being called with all of the parameters, like:
0. Div id, where datatable should be appended
1. The dataset in JSON
2. Column names to be included in the datatable. For example if the dataset has (Name, Surname, City and Country), but I want to see only (Name, Surname, Country), then I can specify this
3. Number of records for the Pagination
4. The js function to be called on an "onclick" event and on "doubleclick" event for a row. So for example, I might want that onclick the function redirectToMain() should be called, which is implemented outside of the script.
5. The name for the datatable
6. Name for the "Add item" button and action to be called
- The datatable if fully generated by this function along with the table tags and appended to the div, which was provided as parameter
Based on the parameters above one can guess that the table should have the following functionality among others:
- Columns filtering based on the values in the columns (something like excel filters or like this - [login to view URL], but with checkboxes and filters preferrably in header)
- Show/Hide Columns (example [login to view URL])
- Columns reordering (example [login to view URL])
- Export table as excel or PDF (example [login to view URL])
- Search text box to search across the table
- Saving the state of the table (order of the columns, filter, search text) (Needs to be saved in the database. No database table structure exists and should be created. Is simple enough and only 4-5 columns max)
Please note that for almost all of the functionality above the datatables have already an implementation and the samples are in the links provided. One has to just enable those and encapsulate to a function, which then can be used anywhere. There might be some additional functions, but the ones described above are the main ones. There should be a css file, which can be adjusted based on the needs, where one can change the buttons styling, header, pagination, sorting icons, etc.
At the end, there should ideally be only 2 files (js with the script and css with styling), which can be used anywhere. Meaning that the datatables js files should be automatically imported via the script.
There is some small demo project with dummy data, which can be used. But noone is bound to it and it is just as a reference. If needed, can send.
Please bid only if you are able to start now and show the daily progress, and have extensive experience with JS and UI.