In order to improve our current app we need professional developers that can execute the following two tasks:
1. BACKEND IMPROVEMENTS for quicker loading times regarding the screen where sport games show up:
- Error description: Every 12-16 days that particular screen does not finish loading for 1-2 days every now end then, leaving it impossible for users to see the upcoming games, leave alone registering for them.
- Problem solving description (elaborated by a separate local agency):
1. Convert column “GameDate” to a date format, in order to compare the dates of the games faster and without necessary CAST (This includes changing the treatment of all dates in the backend and database). > some improvements of this section have already been arranged!
2. Index the columns “iscancel” and all the ones that are used in the clauses WHERE of the query, in order to improve the speed of the filtered info (Ref: [login to view URL] )
3. Avoid the use of the status “isNull” in the WHERE because those prevent taking advantage of the indexed columns.
4. Assuring that the data that provides the server are used at the app. If some data is left out, the number of Joins is reduced and with that the speed of the query is reduced.
5. Create a view of the most recent games, in a way that only those games are consulted instead of the whole table
2. FRONTEND IMPROVEMENTS to simplify rating process of players:
Currently, after each game a rating screen shows up for all players allowing them to rate the other players. Players however barely do so. Therefore, we want the rating window to only show up for organizers and not for players anymore. This screen has proven to be particularly problematic because every time we uploaded a new version there was something wrong with how and when the screen appeared.
Player rating screen for the organizers of a game will have to be slightly adjusted:
Currently: players appear per team and organizer and sport facility can be rated as well
Improved version: players are not separated by team anymore. Instead all participating players are listed and organizer and sport center are not rated anymore.
This improvement will have to be arranged for iOS and Android.
Organizers can also provide the game result after a game (already implemented). By default the result is shown as a tie. If that is not changed, for some reason for some players in their profile the game result is provided as "lost" and not as a tie. Therefore, we need to undo default setting so that organizers pick the result himself. Please double check if organizers provides "tie" as a result that non of the players has an additional game lost due to that result.
The following documents are provided to quickly understand the app itself and the two tasks explained above:
- architecture analysis of the app
- complete illustration of the structure of the app with screens
- a past deployment report regarding initial improvements of the screen that does not load properly here and then
- illustrations of the screens both tasks refer to
- detailed explanations of the tasks in excel format
Technical information about the app:
Frontend iOS: SWIFT
Frontend Android: Java
Backend: C#, ASP.NET
Payment is made per milestone. First deliverable are the fully functioning backend improvements (60% of total budget) and second deliverable are the fully functioning frontend improvements (40% of total budget).
Code is provided after all tasks have been understood 100%. Payments are transferred after each deliverable has been successfully tested by us. NDA agreement will be signed before the start of the project.
Important: This project is one out of three project that we are intending with our current app. Upon successful completion of this project the work relationship will be continued with the other two projects.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have beforehand.
35 freelancers are bidding on average $1425 for this job
Hello. We are an IT company based in India. We are expert in web,mobile,cloud and business intelligence technology. We are sure ,we can provide you quality work. lets get connected.