We are looking for a coder to create a completely functional E-Commerce website for us. Please read the advanced details for full understanding of what we are looking for. Thanks.
Ink and Toner Cartridge E-Commerce Website:
I am seeking a coder or team of coders to create an e-commerce website for me. The coder will write the program in MAGENTO and be able to finish the project in 3 weeks' time including any modifications and testing. We will provide the initial mockups for the site to mimic. Just follow our direction and mockups and this should be a very smooth project.
The site is pretty straight forward. We are selling ink cartridges and toner. Please refer to the following links to look at examples of what we are looking for:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
The functionality on our site will be quite similar to these sites.
The coder must have great knowledge of:
2) Magento - We all know that these are cookie cutter programs, but the coder(s) must know how to make mods on the template. This should go without saying.
3) Shopping Cart Setup - Coder will need to link our Merchant Processor Company which is First Data.
4) SEO Compliance - We do not expect you to perform the SEO on the site, but the basics do need to be covered. Meta-tags, image-tags, alt-tags?etc. Also, an SEO module should be installed to help with the titles of the webpages and the naming convention located in the location bar.
5) Google Analytics - Google Analytics must be installed by you and implemented into the site. They claim that it is just some code on the bottom of each of the pages. This should pretty easy.
The major aspects of the site go as follows:
1) Search Feature - This would allow the user to enter in a key term and locate results based on these string. Please refer to [url removed, login to view] as an example. We would also like the 2 Column approach when displaying between Cartridges and Printers.
2) Cartridge Mapping (Browse) - As you are aware, certain cartridges fit certain printers. This would require data mapping between the cartridges and printers. Our browse feature will work for both the cartridges and printers and they should map each other. On the home page we will start with the Brands and continue our way to the Printer Models going to the Cartridge Level. This will be optimal. There should also be a drop down menu in alphabetical order for users to just select the printer cartridges.
3) Price Variation - We would like a feature that shows the user that if he/she orders 3 or more cartridges, they would receive a discount. The discount will be a percentage.
4) Shopping Cart - This is pre-built from Magento. There should be some visual adjustments that need to be made in accordance with our mockups. Users will have the option to sign up or continue as a guest to check out.
5) Related Items - If you ever noticed that when you purchase some item online, that they show you some related products you may be interested in. Such as if you go into [url removed, login to view] and add an iPhone into your shopping cart, that it will show you some accessories after you add the item in. We are looking for the same theory of related products. For instance, a user added a Brother LC-41 Black Cartridge into the shopping cart. After the item is successfully added into the cart, it should so that we do offer Packages for the Cartridge and also, the other colors(Cyan, Magenta, Yellow).
6) User Account - Users should be able to setup their own accounts that will keep track of:
a. User information - Name, Billing Address, Shipping Address, Email, Phone number?etc.
b. Order History - This should keep track of the users order history with us. It should also allow a repeat order.
c. Tracking Information - Under the order section, we should be able to update it with tracking information so that the user can click on the tracking number and it should display the status of the shipment through the third party site(i.e. - USPS/FEDEX).
d. Reset Password - This will allow the user to reset the password on the back end.
8) Back End Control - The Back End Control will allow us to:
a. Update Shipping Information - Enter in Tracking Information as they are processed.
b. Update Quantity levels as products are replenished. The code should automatically remove quantities as they are sold.
c. View Sold Orders for us to process.
This is basic Inventory Management along with Order Processing. All Order should be placed in a database regardless if the order is processed from a user who signed up or a guest. * *This page is for our customer service reps to log into. We prefer if this system is completely web based in the event of a computer failure. This page should be set up for multiple user login. As far as the functionality we are looking for, we will need it for the following:
1) Completed Orders List - This will need to be displayed in a table that shows what the consumer ordered along with the shipping information. The shipping information will then need to be both copied and pasted into the Dymo 4XL software manually ([[url removed, login to view]] under the software tab on the bottom of the page) or integrate this software into the UI. Once the label is printed, the user will input tracking information into the UI and close the ticket. Upon close out, the system should automatically generate an email to the consumer with the tracking information in the form of a hyperlink and inform them that their package has been shipped.
2) Tracking - In the event that a consumer calls the company requesting tracking information, the CSR should be able to either look up the information via order number or email address.
As we work together and approvals are made on every page, we will get into more detail of how the rollovers should look/function, how banner rotations should be displayed?etc.
Product information and Images will be provided by us. Please let us know the format you need the Excel sheet to be in. Each cartridge will need to have its own unique page because of the Google Analytics tool.
The Merchant Processing information will be handled by the shopping cart. The linking between the 2 interfaces will be implemented by you and your team. We will help assist in this by relaying information between you and the company as they will only speak to us. I believe it is just 2 files that you need plus a port to be opened. We will confirm once we get to this part.
As for revisions, we do not anticipate any large cosmetic changes. Follow the mockup images and everything should be fine. We will reserve the right to request for however many minor changes such as color codes for roll overs and buttons, editing positioning in forms and displays in how the website will look.
We are not looking to drag on the project as the coder only has 3 weeks to complete the site to go live. We will also request for 2 weeks of support after the website is complete to ask the coder any questions that we have or problems we have with the site.