We have a SaaS system based off some code from 2004.
(hard code many things, perhaps 10%)
We are looking for a highly detailed programmer who love this type of work and does not complain about other programmers terrible code, but takes pride in creating new clean and better code, to come in and do small and incremental improvements to the code over time.
1. Take out static and hard coded items and put them into the "Admin" as required. Some parameters are in the code but not accessible in the Admin for example.
2. Recreate our CSS code so that it is completely dynamic. This was started but not finished. Again should be in our Admin. (Upload client logo, choose site color/theme).
3. Clean up general code layout so that Templates work properly. (related above)
4. Add COMMENTS to every part of the code base as you go through it slowly and finely. So other programmers can also know what is going on and where things are.
5. Suggest improvements in each PHP file. And if need add and upgrade the technology usage as required.
6. Report in HIGH detail your work, how it improves the system and why. Report to me at least each week.
This is a long term ongoing project.
You will be given a 1-2 week trial. This will need detailed written reports each Friday on what you DID.
1 Report on what you DID
1 report on what you want to do and what is needed, with technology recommendations for improvement.