We’re a small but growing team of Crypto/Blockchain enthusiasts. We’re looking for someone to extend our team with a lot of experience in Python and Django with a passion for working on a large scale applications and automation.
We have a number of ideas for algorithms we would like to test on the cryptocurrency market. Among them simple technical analysis but also sentiment analysis on various twitter and other news feeds.
Opportunity: Become our first Python developer and help us experiment on the world’s crypto markets. Please note: This position has the potential to develop into a full-time position with the potential to shape it to your likes.
What’s important to us:
• You are a good communicator (good English skills is a must) who can work independently and values team play
• You are quick and pragmatic when you create new features for testing but detail oriented and precise when you polish the experience
• You think the user flow through before submitting it and appreciate when your suggestions are challenged
• You are precise and on time
• You provide comments so that it is easy for us to understand the reasons why you did something the way you did it
• Frontend and backend development on our Django Stack bot application. The focus will be on backend.
• Implement APIs to 3rd party integrations; most importantly you’ll interact with a library called CCXT
• Spearhead the conception and implementation of our own ideas
• Deep Python knowledge
• Deep Django knowledge
• Experience with Linux servers
• Experience with git and Github
• Understanding of web app scalability and performance aspects
• General sense for design and UI/UX
What we offer you:
• We are a fully distributed team. Everyone works from home or a co-working space at the hours that they feel most productive. We believe that everyone should be able to work when they are best able to do it, and should take time off when needed.
• You’ll work directly with our team of founders. Each of us has previously built successful companies.
• Opportunity to travel and meet with us at various places around the globe for strategy and product meetings.
• Come work in a super motivated and smart team. We only hire team members who we think are masters of their field, motivated and fun to talk to outside work.
Please note: It will take you some time to apply for this job. We use this process because we value people who are not afraid of going the extra mile to get what they want. Your attitude is just as important as your skillset. If you are not looking for something long term and if you are not willing to go through the stages below, please do not apply.
However, if you value a good challenge, please send us your application!
Please start your reply to this posting with “Hey Cédric! I’m the Python-Rockstar you’re looking for!”. We use this to weed out quickly those applicants who have not taken the time to carefully read this job briefing.
We can’t wait to get in touch.
Cédric & Team