Read a case study and complete a few tasks
I. Requirements Gathering
1. Create an owner’s view for the system that you can show to stakeholders for feedback.
You can make any reasonable assumptions if any details that you think are important are not clearly mentioned in the case description.
2. Identify the users of the system. List these under subheadings for business and information systems users.
II. Domain Analysis
3. Write domain definitions and, from there, proceed to establish the domain scope for the system and each subsystem. The following table provides a template for your answer.
4. Identify the domain concepts from the domain definition and scopes. Categorise the concepts into processes, functions, roles, objects, and business rules. You need to list them in a domain dictionary table using the following template:
III. Behavioural Modelling
After completing the domain analysis, you are ready to start use case modelling. Please make sure that you use the domain concepts identified during the domain analysis activity as the basis for behavioural modelling.
5. Identify stakeholders of the whole system. List them with descriptions using the following table template.
6. Create a Use Case Summary for both the Online Ordering and Inventory Management subsystems of the Artisans Cooperative.
7. Complete a use case template for a use case that relates to the online inventory being manually updated after a market stall. Use the blank template below.
8. Create a use case diagram for the Inventory Management subsystem, complete with “include and “extend”, where appropriate.
9. Create an activity diagram for the Online Ordering subsystem.
IV. Structural and Dynamic Modelling
After completing the behavioural modelling, you will continue with structural and dynamic modelling.
10. Identify classes for both the Online Ordering and Inventory Management subsystems. List each class, along with responsibilities and the use cases they are associated with, using the following table templates.
11. Create a complete class diagram with associations and multiplicity information for the Online Ordering subsystem. Is there any relationship in this case study that can be described by aggregation/composition? Are there classes that can be generalized/specialized?
12. Create a sequence diagram for the process of a customer selecting products and completing an online order on the Artisans Cooperative website.