Call for Expression of Interest
Seeking Consultant for Web Portal Development
for PAL Network Conference 2019
About the Organization and Conference:
The People’s Action for Learning Network (PAL Network) is a south-south partnership whose member countries work across three continents to assess the basic reading and numeracy competencies of children through citizen-led assessments, in order to provide inclusive and equitable data to inform citizen-led action to improve learning.
As national and global level conversations about learning shift from wide acceptance of the global learning crisis to evidence-based and contextually relevant solutions to ensure that no child is left behind, members of the PAL Network will hold a two-day biennial conference from 5th – 6th March 2019 in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Requirements for the Consultants:
The consultant for the development of web portal should have substantial technical knowledge and skills in the development, execution/implementation of various document management and web portal technologies; ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey technical information to technical and non-technical audiences and have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. The consultant should also have experience in developing custom plugins in PHP, caching systems and performance management in various CMS tools, System lifestyle management experience, understanding best practices for implementing continuous integration through Jenkins or Pantheon.
Different type of users required for the portal:
Administrator – full control of dashboard
Standard user – applicants to attend the conference
Selection committee – group of users who can review and mark the submissions
Note: The portal should allow the administrator to introduce new type of user and rights management
The portal should be able to:
• Allow user registration (simple sign-up form with basic information and allow to login only after verifying the email address)
• Allow administrator to edit / modify user types
• Allow submissions for abstracts by one author or multiple authors – all authors should be registered on the portal in order for their name(s) to be included in the submission (word limits and key words addition)
• Allow administrator to control the flow of submissions (either pre-defined flow or individual abstract basis)
• Allow selection committee members to review the submissions (two members reviewing one application)
• Allow the administrator to enter pre-defined criteria of selection
• Allow selection committee to rate the application as per pre-define selection criteria and also leave qualitative comments against each application
• Notify the user(s) when the application review is completed
• For successful candidates:
a. Notify the candidates the cost of conference attendance
b. Allows the candidates to pay via using credit / debit cards within deadlines
Please note that these are only front-end requirements. The administrator should have full control of the dashboard and this portal needs to be as dynamic as possible, allowing the system admin to modify things as they come up.
PAL Network would like to encourage all consultants to be creative in their expression of interest and submit detailed proposal of how you will undertake these tasks along with timeline and estimated costs. Please indicate costs in US dollars.
Qualified web designers should send their expressions of interests along with samples of similar work done previously by them.
19 freelancers are bidding on average $567 for this job
I have more than 12 years experience as Web Designer, Developer, Mobile App Developer and SEO specialist. I am highly committed to customer focus and quality service.
My team having a good expertise on this kind of project. Although we done have any project can represent but to tell you honestly my team can work this project. 100% guarantee.