I need an app to help me learn to speak and write chinese, or any language.
- The app would have a dictionary of words and phrases sorted by descending appearance count in every day situations (newpaper occurrence count, or in literature, or video games, or a combination of those). The freelancer is not required to provide such dictionaries, only the infrastructure to allow for community-created ones on github, plus basic examples.
- Every time the student opened the app, it would give her an english word or phrase, and ask her to write or say it in the target language.
- The app needs to remember how many times a student gave a correct answer for every word/phrases, and how long ago was the last time it did so.
- Once the student has mastered enough material so far (all-but-N words/phrases have a minimum number of correct and recent answers), new material is introduced, giving an english word or combination of word (for grammar rules) and the written and spoken translation.
- Settings: 1. the user should be able to choose between slow progress with many repetition and fewer new words/phrases, or an aggressive pace, with fewer repetition and more new words. This setting sets the N in the "all-but-N" sentence above.
2. The user should be able to choose whether he wants written or spoken exercises only, or both
3. The user should be able to choose between dictionaries depending of his goal (every day life, professional, gamer, literature & philosophy), with dictionaries provided by the community and downloadable on github.
4. The user should be able to set a goal as a number of words/phrases mastered and to see her progress somewhere, plus an estimate of the ETA considering her progress during the last month.
The app should rely on the operating system's custom keyboards so that students can type/draw/speak. No character or speech recognition is required. The app, however, should check for the presence of such input methods on the device and alert the user if any are missing.
The app should be on a GPL licence, available on github for anyone to see and fork.
I'd like it in react so it's cross-platform from the start, but I only need android for now, so you don't need to spend much time making it perfect for iOS. Only basic testing on iOS is OK.
You'll be responsible for the design.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $1418 for this job
Dear gabrielbizzotto! Im a full stack developer, i can help you do this task fast. i have already charged a reasonable price. Our latest Brazil's projects: [login to view URL] Best regards,
Hello, we are a company specializing in mobile development and we can build Educational App for learning Chinese Our pleasure to work with you and our aim to be satisfied Have a good day