Surfstr is a European Digital Marketing start-up servicing EMEA, Americans and Asia. This is an exciting time for our new freelancer to be involved with a unique and creative start-up. Surfstr will launch in January 2018. We are set to open an office in Prague, the Czech Republic and Dublin, Ireland. Surfstr specialises in providing a complete solution package for business seeking to enter the Chinese market via local Social Media channels, Online advertising, SEO and content creation and digital graphic design. Moreover, our team offer IOS and Android App design and development. Surfstr will provide its marketing solutions in 27 languages including Chinese Mandarin, Hindi, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Arabic. A position has opened for a suitably qualified and experienced freelancer commencing in January 2018
• Native Mandarin and Fluent English (spoken and written) Additional languages an asset.
• Excellent proven knowledge of Weibo, WeChat, Youku etc.
• Experience working in a marketing agency is a distinct advantage
• Superior understanding of the Chinese Social Media Market
• Demonstrated experience creating paid and non-paid marketing campaigns on Chinese Social Media channels (Weibo, WeChat, Youku etc.)
• Demonstrable experience managing budgets and reporting Social Media insights and ROI to stakeholders
• Experience with the Adobe suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
• Baidu PPC (Pay Per Click) Advertising an asset
• Baidu SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) an asset
• Social Listening skills a key advantage
• Knowledge of (Salesforce, Radian6, or other Social Listening platforms an advantage)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 365, especially Excel (Pivot tables, advanced functions and PowerPoint)
University Degree: Graduated with a Minimum of a (2.1) in Digital Marketing, Marketing, or Computer Science or a related study Degree.
• China social media campaign strategy creation: platform selection (Weibo, WeChat, Youku etc.), social media setup, content strategy and management.
• China social media setup: Weibo company page, WeChat official page, Youku official page etc. based on your needs.
• Suggestions on branded profiles in Chinese.
• Daily posts/updates.
• Content creation
• Followers and fans building and management.
• Communication with followers using the right tone.
• Create marketing campaigns with followers and fans.
• KOL (key opinion leader) marketing and Celebrity Endorsements.
• Reputation monitoring.
• Maintenance and management.
• Tracking and statistics overview.
• Monthly consulting and conference meetings.
• Stakeholder business relationship experience.
Please provide 3 Success case studies in the following written format:
• Who was involved?
• What happened?
• How did it happen?
• When did it take place?
• Where did it take place?
• Why did that happen?
-To work with a European start-up
-Bonus based upon targets
-Work from home
Please note that candidates will be tested for the above criteria.