We need to get a special Unity 3d bunker shader with texture assets and materials setup for mobile devices on URP rendering systems by using
Shader Graph. This shader should work on low-end devices and give a good level of graphics.
1. The basis of the shader will be tiling material with a ready-made bunker texture pattern.
Shader must have color, normal, specular, occlusion texture maps. Material settings interface (Textures fields, tiling and offset, Color Tint,
normal power, smoothness, specular, occlusion power).
2. Using two types of texture maps for middle part and border side of bunker. Blending between these sets of texture maps with noise
separate lines. For the middle option display the main texture set. At a border side display an additional map set with color, normal,
specular, occlusion maps. Maps blending system should use normal vectors of surface. Material settings interface (Color, normal,
specular, occlusion textures field for side border; color tint, tiling and offset, normal power, smoothness, specular, occlusion power for
side border; blend max; blend min; separate line noise scale).
3. Pixel parallax using an additional height maps for meddle part and border side. The parallax system should have LOD system, displaying
only at the near camera distance from the grass surface. Material settings interface (middle part height map, side border height map;
tiling and offset, height amplitude for each parts of bunker; step; LOD threshold; LOD distance start; LOD distance end).
4. Detail maps set system for implementation additional details on surface. Detail maps set with tint color displaying by using noise texture
map on middle part of bunker. Noise system should be dependence on Noise texture map. Details map set has Color, Normal, Height
maps. Specular, smoothness and occlusion parameters get from the albedo (color) map. Height map well be used for pixel parallax in
thes detail part of surface. Material settings interface (Detail color, normal, height maps; normal power; detail map power; detail map
The visual effect of the shader is achieved using the main and additional texture patterns without information from UV map on the surface mesh. It
works correct on any types of UV maps. Therefore, it is necessary to apply the methods of procedural management of textures and additional
details. This shader has 3 types of texture maps for visualization middle part, border side and detail map. All of these part has tilling and offset
parameters. For development material you need to create texture patterns: middle, border and detail part for a test.
For an additional understanding objectives of the task and acceleration of work, we provide the following resources:
- Shader prototype made for the HDRP Unity 3d rendering system using Shader Graph.
- Additional subshaders and nodes.
- Pack of textures.
- Test models of bunkers (fbx files)
- Visualization references.