I need an experienced video editor for 20 hours per week from now until the end of the year.
I have an online training business, and every week I produce new training videos for my students. I would like to have someone who can:
- pick up a raw, unedited video file from Dropbox
- apply audio edits to every file to clean up the audio - training to be provided
- apply video edits that may include: add pre-roll bumper, cuts to reduce silences, add b-roll when required, changes to scale/opacity when required, lower-third graphics, and/or low-volume background music
- provide feedback to me if videos need re-shoots or have significant flaws
- make videos look professionally done
- render the video to a high quality version
- compress the video to small video size
- place the video back into Dropbox
- send a message using Slack chat
The amount of time to spend on any one video will vary based on the type of video. Promotional, advertisement, and other important videos can get a lot of attention, while standard training videos may get very little.
My preferred tool is Adobe After Effects and/or Adobe Premiere Pro, but there are a lot of tools out there. If you're an expert at something else, use that!
I will pay by the hour for a fixed number of hours per week. This gives you a reliable weekly income, and gives me an incentive to create videos to keep you busy. Win-win. :)
It doesn't matter what hours of the day you work, as long as you work a little bit every day, Monday to Friday. I want to hear from you over slack when videos are completed, and a description of what you did. We'll work together to establish a process that works for both of us.
Here's an example of a complicated video:
[login to view URL]
Here's an example of a simple video:
[login to view URL]
I've been editing these videos myself for years, and I'm willing to give specific instructions in terms of what I'd like to see. I also encourage you to be better than me at this and so if there's ways we can make the above videos 100% better, I want to know.
Let's talk over chat if you think you're the right person.