Looking for Native Australian English speakers to participate in a paid speech collection project for research. Participants will have to record 40 short phrases using a website and will be paid $6 each on successful completion of the recordings.
- You must be in the age group of 18 - 65 years
- Participant must be a native Australian born in Australia
- You must have a PC/Laptop + Headset with microphone to complete the recordings
Scope of Work
- Participants have to record 40 short English phrases into an online application.
- You can do this sitting at home. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the task
- You don’t need to be a professional voice artist to do these recordings
- At successful completion of all recordings, participants will be paid USD $6
- You can only participate in one session. No extra payment will be made for multiple submissions.
- Recordings will be done using the website link shared by us. You will fill in some basic demographic information and then you will be able to record the phrases directly through the site.
- Speakers should use a microphone that plugs into their computer (instead of using the built-in microphone) and the recordings should be done in a quiet environment with no TV, radio, talking, etc in the background. DO NOT use noise cancellation headsets.
- Chrome browser should be used to open the website link
- You must choose the name of your external microphone from the "select microphone" dropdown list on the website to ensure that the right device is being used
- The website link is not compatible with mobile phones
- Remember – Audio quality is very important!
If you would like to complete this job, please express your interest by replying to this post. We will share the website link with selected candidates. Please follow the instructions on link and make the recordings. You will be paid once we have verified the recordings. We reserve the right to reject submissions with poor audio quality.