Create a website that allows people to compare food products based on a number of variables/filters. Viewers choose a country (pictorial filter or drop down), followed by a common food category (Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Fruit, Dessert, Special), which then populates a table with three recommendations.
The table labels are featured in the attached PDF, and would need to draw from a basic text and image database that would auto-populate based on conditions related to freshness and health. In the beginning all pictures and details will be static, but we need the capability to auto populate the table based on different rules as we grow our product database, and increase the conditions by which we display products.
We will also need a text entry box below the table for feedback that can be sent directly to us (We assume via email or an instant messenger).
We also need a basic page dedicated to blog posts that we will begin to write and archive.
Other pages will be required for text entry only.
All design and images will be provided by us. Any additional images that may be required can be supplied by us within 24 hours. Recommended changes to the design are welcomed.
Database integration with Product Comparison
Database design and functionality can be developed with respect to the designers specifications, so long as the database will draw the information for each product on the country page (front page), and expose it in a digestible and comparative way.
Content Management System - (CMS)
We require a the website to be built with a CMS to manage/update the various products and countries. We will need to ability to create a new country and add a number of products that will integrate into the basic database ready to be compared against existing products and categories that are linked in the product comparison table.
Rating function for the products - We need (as per the screenshot below), an area dedicated to product rating, that we will manage from the CMS.
Mobile Compatible / Friendly
We would like a responsive website design that enables us to use fluid widths, so that our website layout will adapt to the screen on which it's being browsed e.g. using code so that the top bar takes up 20% of the screen width, and the remaining 80% is reserved for the body of our website. Ultimately the layouts are adjustable and images are scalable to make for a better web experience on a myriad of devices.
The most important part of the mobile design will be the product comparison on the phone (like that table on the first page). Ultimately, there will be no need for the maps on the phone and a redesign of the product screen may be required.
We require the website to be optimized for SEO.
The number of pages that will be required are as followed:
Home Page: Responsive world map, Product comparison, Informative
About Us: Informative
Contact Us Page
Additional blank pages that we may need to leverage as we grow
First Milestone: First payment will be released once the main page is designed (5%)
Second Milestone: Will be released once the product comparison (including basic database) has been completed (15%)
Third Milestone: Will be released once the CMS system has been completed and tested (40%)
Final Milestone: Will be released once project is complete and all adjustments have been implemented (40%)
Attached is our vision of the main page, including dynamic map and a populated table based on a set of rules (in this instance, ‘dessert products in Australia’).
Hi there, I am a full stack developer that is an expert in the WordPress CMS. I would like to create a custom theme to directly fit your system's needs. Just let me know if you have any questions.