PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROJECT PROPOSAL IS ONLY FOR -> Shettar4 - Deepti G.
Hi Deepti G.,
I came across your profile on freelancer and thought I would approach you to see your interest and availability for a project for which I think you might be suited but would like to communicate further before committing to the project.
I would like to propose a project where you would teach me some concepts relating to your identified skills: Algorithms - Statistics - Mathematics - R Programming Language - Statistical Analysis
I am mainly looking to deepen my existing knowledge of R Programming specifically how to translate a data text mining scenario into a more sophisticated R program that incorporates custom functions and a more full usage of control structures (loops, data structure manipulation and so on) so I can better understand how to translate a data scenario into a R program.
I don't have a specific problem that I am trying to solve here but I do have a scenario around which to learn and apply R and statistical / algorithmic skills. I am really just wanting to advance my skills in this area for my current job and this is not something I am doing at college or university, rather a personal learning requirement.
If you think you might be interested and have the time to undertake the tuition with me then perhaps we could discuss further via skype or other voice platform about the project. I am keen to make the most out of this opportunity if it arises and so I've considered some additional requirements
below - please note the listed price is not a final amount we will further negotiate the price - I propose around 31 USD per hour.
* Adequate and comprehensible English Language.
* A quick voice chat via skype or another suitable voip service to verify the clarity of your spoken english.
* Stable Internet network connection to facilitate continuous and uninterrupted voice & video over SKYPE or other video conference platform (happy to utilise another platform if more convenient to you).
* Delivery of training via Skype or other internet platform that will facilitate 'screen sharing' since you'll need to demonstrate within R or Rstudio and or perhaps whiteboard concepts for me to understand.
* Flexibility with timetable or schedule - I'd like to engage in short, regular tuition sessions of up to 1 to 1.5 hours at a time for a maximum of atleast 2 (two) sessions per week until the 2nd of Feburary. There will be a total of eight sessions. I envisage that most of the sessions will take place during the afternoon or evening (no later than 8pm), though I would like to be able to negotiate time from session to session with you as exact times may vary.
* The topics of the sessions can be agreed upon in advance but you will need to prepared to answer questions , should they arise and to deliver content in a paced fashion similar to a tradition lesson, however I would like to have the sessions more 'interactive' so I can ask questions about content to get clarification on concepts to make the most of the tuition time.
* I would prefer to pay for individual tuition sessions in a pay-as-you-go structure rather than pay for all tuition sessions in advance, I propose to release the agreed payment at the beginning of each of the tuition sessions but I also need you to consider an hourly tuition rate.
* I've had mixed experiences with freelancers beginning projects in good faith and then reneging on conditions as the project progresses so please feel free to ask questions about any of these conditions for more clarity as if these conditions aren't met then successful payment won't be forthcoming and any agreement will be null and void. This is why I am trying to outline the conditions very clearly here so we can both be clear and enter into this project in good-faith and will a good outcome for both parties. As you can see I am very keen to learn from someone who has knowledge and who can help me learn as well. Thanks.